Girls’ Night Out For The Superstar Women Of Country
If you’re planning any trips to Vegas this spring, you might want to shoot for a trip near the beginning of April! You’ll be able to join some of your favorite women in country music as they tape their Girls Night Out. Should be an exciting night for the ladies!
On April 4, some of the leading ladies of country music will be taking over the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas for a very special evening. The Academy of country Music announced today that [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Miranda Lambert[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Martina McBride[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jennifer Nettles[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Reba[/lastfm], and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Carrie Underwood [/lastfm] are the first artists scheduled to appear and be honored during the Girls’ Night Out. The special tribute concert will feature an A-list lineup of performers paying respect to today’s most incredible country music female artists, all of whom will be honored with unique accolades from the Academy for special achievements in their careers. More honorees and participating talents will be announced, but you can purchase tickets for the event now from Ticketmaster! Ticket sales from the event will benefit the ACM Lifting Lives organization and are priced from $100 to $200.
• Miranda Lambert – Will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Album of the Year, twice, first for “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” in 2007 and again for “Revolution” in 2009
• Martina McBride – Will be recognized by ACM Lifting Lives for her dedication to raising social consciousness through songs such as “Independence Day” and “Concrete Angel,” which raise awareness of domestic violence and encourage female empowerment; McBride has won Top Female Vocalist three times, in 2001, 2002 and 2003
• Jennifer Nettles – Will be recognized for being only one of two female artists in the Academy’s history to ever solo write and perform Song of the Year, in 2007, with “Stay”
• Reba – Will be recognized for winning Top Female Vocalist more times than any other artist in the Academy’s history – a whopping seven times
• Carrie Underwood – Will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Entertainer of the Year, twice, first in 2008 and again in 2009 (she is the reigning Entertainer of the Year, since Awards recognize the previous calendar year’s work)