If you consider jazz and country music as two disparate genres, [lastfm]Anna Wilson[/lastfm] has an album to prove otherwise. With a voice evocative of the [lastfm]Rat Pack[/lastfm] and a guest list featuring the hottest new acts and finest legends in country, Anna Wilson reconciles her dual passions on Countrypolitan Duets to tribute the oft forgotten history of when jazz met americana.
[pullquote quote="There have been moments in musical history when country and jazz were not so far apart. In my life, they are always combined, and through this project, jazz and country will once again get to shake hands." credit="Anna Wilson"]On Countrypolitan Duets, esteemed jazz singer [lastfm]Anna Wilson[/lastfm] invites current superstars [lastfm]Keith Urban[/lastfm], [lastfm]Lady Antebellum[/lastfm], [lastfm]Rascal Flatts[/lastfm], and [lastfm]Matt Giraud[/lastfm], along with legendary crooners [lastfm]Kenny Rodgers[/lastfm], [lastfm]Ray Price[/lastfm], and [lastfm]Connie Smith[/lastfm], to reveal the shared roots of both styles. A timeless, evocative sound blossoms as classic country standards are re-interpreted within jazz arrangements. While the jazz influence is noticeably stronger on Duets, [lastfm]Ray Price[/lastfm]‘s drawl and [lastfm]Keith Urban[/lastfm]‘s guitar solo offer a quintessentially country twinge to the overall aesthetic, sure to leave fans of both styles satisfied.
1. You Don’t Know Me (feat. Matt Giraud)
2. Walkin’ After Midnight (feat. Lady Antebellum)
3. Just For What I Am (feat. Connie Smith)
4. You’re The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me (feat. Ray Price & Rascal Flatts)
5. Night Life (feat. Larry Carlton & Willie Nelson)
6. Good Time Charlie’s Got The Blues (feat. Keith Urban)
7. You Can Depend On Me (feat. Rick Braun)
8. Cherokee Maiden (feat. Billy Dean)
9. Welcome To My World (feat. Matt Dusk)
10. I Will Never Know (feat. Lloyd Green)
11. For The Good Times (feat. Kenny Rogers)