Cinco De Mayo: Top 10 Tasty Mexican-Inspired Cocktails For Your Fiesta (page 2)
Margarita Jello Shots
We haven’t had a jello shot since we were in our early 20′s, but Cinco De Mayo seems like the perfect time to shoot back one of these gelatinous mind benders. Just make sure you call in sick to work the next morning.
Yield: 32 shots
- 1 (6 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin (large box)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/8 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup clear tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
Prep Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
1. Mix boiling water and Jello. Stir for a minute until dissolved. Add rest of ingredients, stir.
2. Pour into small paper dixie cups, cool on one or two cookies sheets stacked in the refrigerator.
3. Unless you use ice and water for the cold water, allow 5 or more hours for Jello to cool and set.
4. For every party I throw, I’ll make this recipe and one more from Hazel’s site to satisfy the partygoers.