Help Us Help The Community
If you’re heading out the the Brad Paisley concert this Friday, grab a few nonperishable food items and bring them with you because WQYK and Live Nation are teaming up to help collect food for Feeding America Tampa Bay.
Of the 509,000 people in West Central Florida who are unsure where their next meal will come from, Feeding America Tampa Bay provided food last year to more than 400,000 people.
Donatinos may be dropped off at the entrace to Water World (WEST gate) at the 1-800-Ask-Gary Amphitheatre beginning at 4p.
Items most needed include:
- Canned meats
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned and boxed meals (soup, chili, stew, macaroni & cheese)
- Canned or dried bean
- Pasts and rice
- Cereal (low sugar, high fiber)
- Cereal and fruit bars
- Peanut butter
- Dry milk
- Paper goods (plates, paper towels, etc.)
- Personal products (deodorant, soap, etc.
No glass, please, and pop-top items are preferred.
To ensure food safety, do not donate items that are:
- In rusty or unlabeled cans
- Noncommerical canned
- Noncommerical packaged
- Alcoholic beverages and mixes
- Opened or used
Thanks to our food drive partner: