DVR Alert: Zac Brown Band, Eric Church, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert & More!
Don’t miss out on seeing your favorite country artists on television this week! We have the schedule and details for you below. Time to set your DVR and see Zac Brown Band, Chris Young, Eric Church, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert and many more.
Tuesday, August 7
- Zac Brown Band’s appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman will re-air along with guests Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad and author R.A. Dickey. The Late Show airs on CBS, weeknights at 11:35/10:35pm c.
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show hosted Chris Young performing his hit song “You” off the Neon album this past January. The episode will re-air on Ellen and includes guests Steven Tyler (Aerosmith, American Idol) and Timothy Olyphant of the FX crime drama, Justified. Check your local listings for times.
- GAC’s Noteworthy at the Opry will host Kellie Pickler, Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts talking and sharing heartfelt and crazy fan stories. They will also be performing songs that their fans love the most! Airs on GAC at 9 p.m. ET. (re-airs on 8/8)
- GAC presents an ‘On TV Special’ featuring Eric Church (re-airing from 8/6). Church talks about his career by taking us on a journey from his hometown in North Carolina to Nashville. He tells about a rough start and recalls a performance in Amarillo that only eight people showed up for, “including the waitstaff.” Get an inside view of Eric’s determination to stay true to himself and his music, hear fan testimonies that have contributed to his success. “Origins: Eric Church” airs on GAC 10 pm ET. (Will re-air through 8/23.) Get a sneak peek of the show in the video:
Wednesday, August 8
- Zac Brown Band’s appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live from a July 2012 episode will re-air along with special guests Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad and author R.A. Dickey. Jimmy Kimmel Live airs on ABC weeknights at 12/11c. See Zac Brown Band performing “The Wind” from recent album release Uncaged:
Thursday, August 9
- GAC’s Day Jobs this week gives us a look at country artists in their previous jobs and/or dream jobs! See Jason Aldean with the Atlanta Braves, find out if Bill Engvall is ‘Smarter Than A 5th Grader” as he heads into a cavern, start making bets on whether or not Troy Gentry still has what it takes behind the bar, watch as Clay Walker herds ‘em, ropes ‘em and brands ‘em, and see Danny Gokey attempt to handle an 18-wheeler. The fun begins at 5 p.m. ET on GAC.
Friday, August 10
- Miranda Lambert’s appearance last fall on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, including a performance of the hit song from Four The Record, “Baggage Claim,” will re-air with guests Dylan McDermott (American Horror Story, The Practice) and 9-year-old Happy Feet 2 star, Lil’ P-Nut. Check your local listings for times.
Saturday, August 11
- Alan Jackson and Carrie Underwood are featured on this episode of GAC’s Noteworthy at the Opry. With fellow music stars commenting on Alan’s legacy and country music influence, Jackson will be performing favorite hits including “Chattahoochee,” “Drive” and “Five O’Clock Somewhere.” Carrie Underwood will be making a special appearance and performing Alan Jackson’s classic hit, “Remember When.” The episode airs at 9 p.m. ET on GAC, and re-airs later in the week. Check listings.
- Nanci Haskin/99.5 WYCD