September is Hunger Action Month so WQYK and Feeding America Tampa Bay have joined forces and will be collecting canned goods this Friday at the Brad Paisley concert. Donate non-perishable items and you’ll have the chance to win a pair of MEET & GREET PASSES!
According to Feeding America Tampa Bay, “Food drives are an essential source of food for us and we rely heavily on these food donations to distribute much needed food to struggling people. By holding a food drive, you are helping to ensure that your community will have enough food to go around for everyone!”
This Friday, Feeding America Tampa Bay will have a food collection truck on location at the 1-800-Ask-Gary Amphitheatre starting at 3p. The truck will be located next to the WQYK Tailgate Tent. Those who donate food will become finalists to win a pair of Brad Paisley Meet & Greet passes! Cash donations will also be accepted on location.
Feeding America Tampa Bay needs the following nutritious foods:
- Canned Meats (tuna, chicken, ham, sausage)
- Canned Fruits & Vegetables
- Canned & Boxed Meals (soup, chili, stew, macaroni & cheese)
- Canned or Dried Beans (black, pinto, kidney, lentils)
- Pasta & Rice
- Cereal (low sugar, high fiber)
- Cereal & Fruit Bars
- Peanut Butter
- Dry Milk
- Paper Goods (plates, paper towels, etc.)
- Personal Products (deodorant, soap, etc.)