As our nation grieves over the lives lost at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, some of Country music’s artist put their emotions into words and offered sympathy via their Facebook and Twitter pages. Below are just a few.
- Taylor Swift: “I’m heartsick about the senseless tragedy in CT and praying for the families of the children and teachers who lost their lives. Unthinkable.”
- Toby Keith: “I have no words. Tragic. The families and the community of Newton, CT are in my prayers – T.”
- Miranda Lambert: “The world feels sad right now. Everything seems to be full of evil & turmoil. Jesus, come on back!”
- Blake Shelton: ”My heart is so heavy right now… I can’t shake it off.”
- Faith Hill: “News of this morning’s shooting was simply devastating. As parents, Tim & I cannot even imagine the horror that all of these families face.”
- Hunter Hayes: “My heart is broken for the people of Newtown, Connecticut. Our hearts, our thoughts and all our prayers are with you!”
- Brad Paisley: ”I spent 15 minutes yelling at the top of my lungs about what happened in Connecticut. I’m as mad as I am sad. Enough. Enough!!!!!!”