A Dying Child, A Distraught Father, And A Tattooed Stranger [Video]
If ever there was a video that showed why all of us should know CPR this is it.
Every parents nightmare comes true very close to becoming a reality for this Australian family if wasn’t for a tattooed stranger.
5 Reasons to take CPR or First-Aid training
1. After someone stops breathing, or the heart stops beating, he or she can survive for only 4 to 6 minutes before lack of oxygen results in brain damage or death. CPR can buy extra time for your loved one, until professional help can arrive, by artificially circulating oxygen to the brain.
2. Over 70% of all cardiac and breathing emergencies occur in the home when a family member is present and available to help a victim.
3. Accidental injuries are the leading cause of death in children, and send over 16 million children a year to the emergency room.
4. Over 1.5 million heart attacks occur each year and approximately 350,000 of these victims die before ever reaching a hospital.
5. Statistics show that the earlier CPR is initiated, the greater the chance of survival. The American Heart Association estimates that 100,000 to 200,000 lives of adults and children could be saved each year if CPR was performed early enough.
Click on the link to find a CPR class near you taught by the America Red Cross of Tampa Bay.