Another Jackpot Winner With the 5 @ 8:25… $180!!
Dave & Veronica awarded another jackpot in the 5 @ 8:25! Denise, who recently became unemployed, could really use the cash!! Her hard work payed off. Denise listened to the 5 @ 8:25 each day, wrote down the questions and researched them.
Each morning, we ask 5 Tampa Bay area questions. Get all 5 right, win our jackpot.The jackpot starts at $100.
Answer one wrong, Game Over. We start from scratch the following day with the same questions, and the jackpot grows by $10 each time we don’t get a winner!
Check out these questions, then listen to the answers below. Get ready! We start a new game Wednesday morning!
1. Q: Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard in Tampa begins at Dale Mabry, and runs to Plant City. What was the original name of this road?
2. Q: Thelma “Butterfly” McQueen, born 1911 in Tampa, was the actress who played Prissy… Scarlet O’Hara’s maid in “Gone With the Wind.” What is the famous line in the movie that McQueen is known for?
3. Q: This furniture chain boasts over 320 stores in 8 southeastern states, and originated in the Polk County town of Mulberry. Name it.
4. Q: The Tampa Bay Lightning first hit the ice in 1992. The team turned heads by featuring the first and only woman ever to play in a NHL exhibition game. Who is she?
5. Q: By the 1930s, the Tarpon Springs sponging industry was generating millions of dollars a year. In 1953, what movie (filmed in Tarpon Springs) depicts sponge diving?
Tune in each morning around 8:10 a.m. for your chance to call in to play 5 @ 8:25, sponsored by Brandon Ford!